Learning Revit 2016 Structural Design
You must be a registered user on the PEAK Network or one of its tenant domains such as (***.peakcdi.com) before purchasing this course. Click here to register.
Learning Revit 2016 for Structural Design is designed for use in a classroom setting or self-paced learning.
The primary objective of this course is to provide the student with a fundamental knowledge of Autodesk Revit for Structural Design.
This course is separated into 13 chapters covering key areas of drafting, design, and modeling in Revit. The information covered in this course is written for Autodesk Revit or Autodesk Revit Structure.
- PEAK - Online Course - summit.peakcdi.com
Duration: 32 hrs.
- After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Describe building information modeling (BIM), use different parts of the Revit user interface, and work with different types of elements and families.
- Use the different views listed in the Project Browser, control the visibility and graphical representation of objects in a structural model, and work with elevation, section, and 3D views.
- Set up a project and transfer standards between projects, add and modify levels in a structural model, and create and modify grids.
- Work with structural columns and structural walls.
- Add floor framing using beams, work with beams and beam systems, add and edit structural steel moment and braced frames, and work with concrete beams.
- Add floors in structural models, create a roof, and add structural framing to the roof for support.
- Add foundations to a structural model.
- Create stairs and various types of ramps.
- Bring information into a structural model from outside sources, share models with others, and coordinate changes as they happen.
- Add dimensions and spot dimension symbols, work with text and tags, create a legend with notes, annotation symbols, and legend components, and work with different types of schedules.
- Work with detail views, add 3D and 2D reinforcement elements and detail components to concrete detail views, and work with drafting views and CAD details.
- Work with sheets and titleblocks, print sheets, and export Revit Structure content to CAD formats.